Hydra Charge is a granular biosolid fertilizer plus surfactant. It has a 4-2-0 NPK Ratio. The interesting thing about this product is, unlike most biosolids I’ve used in the past, it works its way down into the turf canopy and dissolves faster than most. This makes it a great option for those that reel mow. I’ve used some granular products in the past that would sit on the turf for up to two weeks and was continually picked up by the reel mower.
What is a surfactant?
A surfactant is a chemical compound(s) that decrease the surface tension or interfacial tension between two liquids, a liquid and a gas, or a liquid and a solid. Surfactants may function as emulsifiers, wetting agents, detergents, foaming agents, or dispersants .
Hydra Charge Details:
- Biosolid fertilizer with dual surfactant technology – block copolymer surfactant aides in the penetration of water into the soil and polyacrylamide surfactant aides in the retention of water
- Ideal for use during periods of drought or water restrictions and to avoid high water costs
- Increases water penetration and holding capability in soil
- Aides in root zone moisture retention and makes root zone moisture more uniform
- Minimize drought stress on turf and helps prevent localized dry spots in the lawn
- Contains slow- and quick-release nitrogen plus iron for extra greening
- Safe for use on all turf types during the growing season. See label or How to Use section for application intervals.
- Made in the USA
It is a moderately small prill size so it goes down very well even on the thickest of turfs. It received my “reel” seal of approval.
Check out my blog for more videos on maintaining a Bermuda lawn.
Hope you enjoy the video below:
Products recommended/used in this video:
Visit my online shop for T-Shirts and more!